Friday, May 30, 2008

End of term for SEP .. Some random thoughts

Haven't been blogging for about 2 months cos I was too lazy to do so =). Tonight marks the last night for myself in Denmark before I embark on my end of semester trip tomorrow. First I will be going to Prague myself to meet up with Tian and Jess, after which I will join up with the rest of the SEP gang in Madrid, and travel to Barcelona, Paris, Interlaken, Brussels, Vienna, Salzburg and Berlin, before heading back to Singapore end of June.

This 5 months exchange programme in Denmark has been one of the best experiences in my life till now, something that I will remember in the years that come. The study abroad experience in a foreign university has been an eye opener and very different from the system back at NUS. The whole student experience had definitely been enjoyable and slack .. to a certain extent =) which I am sure all the others will agree with me.

Of course, all the weekend and holiday travels to nearby European countries definitely made the whole SEP more enjoyable as I got to see a lot of new things and learnt much about the different cultures and way of lives.

All these memorable experiences over here however would not have been possible without the company of GREAT FRIENDS =). There were ups and downs, good times and bad times but the presence of these guys definitely made the whole exchange a more wholesome and colourful one. Going out to Copenhagen, travelling to different countries, buying groceries, cooking, baking, eating, chiong-ing projects, sleeping in lessons, etc .. we practically did everything together. And I remember the late night chats with some of you guys. All these things definitely brightened up my whole SEP =)

Some of the people who made my time here:

To Xiaoli aka container mate - The only girl from NUS in DTU who is always so LOUD and CHEERFUL and always makes her presence felt haha .. thank you for always helping me with my chores, banging on my door in the morning to wake me up, washing up the dishes, the small treats you buy for everyone, being so thoughtful, etc .. and the little surprise on my birthday =)

To Kendrick - Mr NICE guy .. although you might be a bit too white in skin colour, likes to imitate me to irritate me (no effect on me though haha) and might get a bit emo sometimes =) Thanks for lending a listening ear and giving good advice, being crazy and appreciate my cold jokes haha and baking the fantastic oreo cheese cake for my birthday!

To Baolai - the EMO and the EYE for detail guy .. Thanks for always baking and cooking nice dishes for all of us .. being so thoughtful and helping .. cutting hair and taking photos for us .. your interesting blog posts (although sometimes it is at my expense haha) .. the tiramisu cake and chocolate fondue for my birthday =)

To Jialiang - who loves to eat fried onions and always so stubborn in his views .. those debates we have about everything under the sun never fails to amaze me and I actually had fun engaging in them haha =) Thanks for the ice cream treats and printing notes for me!

To Junhao - Mr Myth Buster .. Thank you for cutting and washing up the dishes during meal times .. volunteering your room for us to put our luggage .. your 'not-as-funny-as-mine' jokes (haha just joking) and always entertaining us during our 'dai dee' games by simply being 'suay' haha =)

To Joel - Mr Eat-a-Lot Muscleman 1 .. it was great knowing you guys and the happy-go-lucky attitude of yours definitely brightened up our SEP! Had loads of fun hanging out and travelling together with you guys to Sweden .. Thanks a lot for the invitation to dinner during my last few nights here .. see you in Interlaken!

To Joey - Mr Eat-a-Lot Muscleman 2 .. yes Joey you are big enough .. dun need to train up anymore or you will become the Incredible Hulk haha! Yeap it was great knowing you too and travelling with you to London and Sweden .. had fun chit chatting with you, although you are always rushing off to chat with your girlfriend online haha =)

To Brandon - Mr POPULAR (especially with girls) .. the last but definitely not the LEAST! It was really fun talking to you and thanks for always lending a listening ear and sharing your experiences and interesting views and stories with me .. really learnt a lot from you through these sessions and it was great fun hanging out with you cos your presence is always felt (in other words - kao peh haha .. just joking) .. Thanks for helping me bring back luggage to Singapore and everything else .. stay cheerful!

You guys ROCKZ!! SEP would be really different without you =) Thanks for making my time in Denmark such an enjoyable one!

No comments: